A 2016 adaptation of the classic Boonie hat designed to thrive in the Torrid zone*
The Torrid Boonie hat is a quick drying, compact, comfortable, breathable and adjustable *jungle hat that provides the next level of comfort while working in already challenging environments.
Torrid Boonie is feature rich while keeping weight down and comfort high.
Mesh ring segment follows the entire circumference for enhanced heat management by way of extreme ventilation. The internal IFF marker panel makes marrying up quicker and more convenient while the water repellent fabric assists in shedding water as opposed to your current filthy cotton bush hat.
- Omni Mesh ring to aid in air flow and heat management
- Light weight Multicam 70 Denier DWR Ripstop Nylon
- Barrel lock tensioner
- "Jute" Paracord (gutted) Loops for addition of local vegetation
- Loop Velcro on top of hat for IR IFF patch
- Warp Knit (like pile Velcro but nicer) on inner rear of hat for the attachment of neck flap
- Orange internal marker panel for marry up procedures
- Fleece sweat band on the inner front ring for additional comfort and moisture wicking
- Removable gutted Paracord Lanyard / neck strap.
All Temperate and Torrid Boonies come combined with a small coyote padded pouch.
*The hot central belt of the earth bounded by the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn.
*Land covered with dense vegetation dominated by overgrown and/or tangled vegetation at ground level resulting in a lack of sunlight and hindering movement.